Challenge yourself, challenge your friends and don’t forget: climbing is totally fun at Clip ‘N Climb Vancouver.
The climbing sessions are 1 hour and 15 minutes long and start every hour on the hour (don’t hesitate to contact us for more information on our opening hours). Climbers should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled climbing session to check-in and sign/check waivers. They will then participate in a safety briefing and be instructed on how to put on their harness. A final inspection of the climbers equipment is done just before entering the climbing zone to commence their hour of climbing fun!
For example, if you book for 2pm :
1:45pm : Arrival
2pm : Harness adjustment and safety briefing
2:15 : Access to the climbing zone
3:15: End of activity
Since all climbing walls are equipped with automated belay devices, climbing is autonomous and the number of participants is limited so that we can offer you a wait-free climbing experience : choose a wall, clip your harness to the cable, climb up, and come back down slowly before going to the next wall!
The system allows individuals weighing between 10 and 150 kilograms to gently descend to the ground.
A few tips to be well prepared
To fully benefit from the Clip ‘N climb experience:
- It is recommended that you wear casual and comfortable clothes as well as closed-toe shoes (sandals and boots are not appropriate for climbing).
- We supply the safety equipment (harness and belay system) and it is not permitted to use personal equipment.
- The walls are designed to be used without chalk or climbing shoes (which are forbidden).
- Save time and Fill-in your e-waiver(s) here
Automated belay devices
“Trublue” is a new generation of auto belay devices developed specifically for climbing. It consists of a self-regulating magnetic braking system designed to eliminate the need for gear systems. This equipment was engineered to meet the strictest international safety standards (ISO 17025 and European Certification (CE)).
There’s a challenge for everyone at Clip ‘N climb Vancouver
- Each wall was created with different levels of difficulty so climbers can use their physical and strategic skills.
- The surfaces and textures vary for unique experiences.
- The colour and lighting of each wall make the arena an incredible playground for climbers, big and small!
- Regardless of your physical abilities or your initial fears, all climbers will come out proud of their achievements!
Since only the bravest will meet these challenges and require the use of special equipment and the help of an instructor, you will need a token to meet these challenges ($4 + tax for 1 try and $6 + tax for 2 tries).
The leap of faith
Imagine: jumping for a target from a springboard at 5 meters from the ground, just being held back by a dorsal harness … this experience causes a good dose of adrenaline! Don’t forget to capture this moment of pride as you perform the leap of faith! (minimum height: 55 inches)
Vertical Drop Slide
Dressed in an ultra slippery suit, try to keep your hands firmly attached to the handle as it takes you to more than 7m in height. You will then be completely suspended in the void and it is up to you to let go … Will you dare go to the top?!
- There is no minimum age to climb, however we have found that about half of the children 4 and under are not comfortable with the 10 kg upward-tension of the automatic belay system. That being said, some youngsters are very confident and happily climb our colourful walls.
- Since the distance between grips on some of the walls makes them inaccessible for smaller kids, we offer a reduced rate ($12 instead of $19) for children under 5 so they can still enjoy the experience.
A climbing session starts every hour on the hour and includes a 15 minute safety briefing followed by 60 minutes of climbing.
Note: free for accompanying adults that do not climb.
$12 + taxes for every climber from 4pm onward
Cheap Tuesday deal does not apply during public & school holidays
CAN’T BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER DISCOUNT (STUDENT AND GROUP DISCOUNT)
10% STUDENT DISCOUNT
(upon presentation of a valid student card)
CAN’T BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER DISCOUNT (CHEAP TUESDAY AND GROUP DISCOUNT)
(10% off for groups of 10 or more)
CAN’T BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER DISCOUNT (STUDENT AND CHEAP TUESDAY DISCOUNT)